Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The Sociocultural and Human Promotion Department of the Yopougon Town Hall aims to design an action strategy to develop and reinforce the cultural potential of the community, defining the actions to be taken by local authorities in this regard in the medium and long-term. This project is expected to contribute to the sustainable development of the region’s cultural resources.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Carrying out inventories of cultural organizations, spaces and equipment available for cultural expressions and the employment capacity in cultural industries;
- Producing a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis of the present situation in the cultural sector based on the conducted inventories;
- Organizing a seminar with all relevant actors and stakeholders to validate the assessment and identify priority socio-cultural activities with a view of producing an action plan for the funding and development of the cultural sector; and
- Training local cultural professionals in fund-raising for cultural projects.
Yopougon Town Hall
Year of application:
- Identified local demands, infrastructure and funding possibilities of cultural projects.
- Developed a strategic plan to maximize the potential of cultural activities in Yopougon district, which was informed by the result of the mapping exercise.
- Mapped the cultural industries and local capacities of Yopougon, Côte d’Ivoire largest urbanized and industrialized areas, which is known for its cultural hub.