Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The project conducted by the Centre for Technical and Economic Information aims to reinforce the "lambahoany" (traditional fabric and piece of clothing) industry through capacity-building activities connecting a dozen artists and firms in Madagascar. The project is expected to provide the artists with valuable work experience and recognition, as well as encourage private sponsorship, support the production of lambahoany and boost its sales.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Creating ten lambahoany by ten artists under contract with the CoToNa company;
- Mobilizing ten businesses for further sponsorship in this field;
- Enhancing the lambahoany’s image through awareness-raising activities, including the production and distribution of catalogues; and
- Organizing an international lambahoany biennale in order to enhance the interaction between artists and local stakeholders.
Centre d'information technique et économique
Year of application:
- Strengthened the local market of "lambahoany", the local textile-based creative industry, through its promotion in national fairs and establishing innovative partnerships - Madagascar