Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The project "Comparsa" aims to encourage social participation of disadvantaged youth through a series of workshops conducted by the music band “La Clinica”, that is composed of men and women from poor neighborhoods of Montevideo. The members of the band will share their successful experience and transfer their technical, musical and human relations skills to teenagers from the Maracana slum. The project aims to encourage the introduction of cultural policies focusing on the alleviation of poverty through support for cultural endeavors centered on social participation.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Conducting workshops to increase human rights awareness among 200 people from the Maracana slum;
- Conducting performing arts workshops and transferring the technical, musical and human relations skills of the comparsa “La Clinica” to 150 teenagers;
- Strengthen the learning process by producing and publishing a Learning Guide; and
- Enabling the promotion and diffusion of the project on a long-term basis.
Year of application:
- Provided workshops for young people to discover and practice the musical capacities of the “Comparsa” as a liberating tool in Uruguay.