The project aims to position and strengthen the cultural industries in Bogotá and to create a training model for cultural entrepreneurs.
The Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá is a non-governmental organization, whose goal is to foster development through services that improve and strengthen the business environment in the Bogotá-Region, including entrepreneurial skills.
- Mapping of the cultural industries in Bogotá, leading to the production and dissemination of a document containing the methodology used, as well as an analysis of the existing offer, the potential and the challenges faced by Bogotá’s cultural industries
- Developing a training programme for around 150 entrepreneurs in performing arts, publishing and visual arts in collaboration with professionals from partner institutions and advisers from cultural enterprises
- Preparing an easily replicable and useful training module for enterprises in the sector, based on an analysis of training activities and on the feedback from project beneficiaries
- Makes targeted interventions thanks to the latest and most accurate information: the resulting mapping and documents serve as a starting point for developing evidence-based action plans and cultural policies for the city’s cultural industries, which can then be replicated at national and regional levels
- Encourages the active participation and involvement of a wide range of stakeholders from all sectors: training activities will be developed taking into account the participation of cultural entrepreneurs, professionals from partner institutions and cultural enterprise advisers
- Strengthens local skills and professional capacities: the project offers training activities to professionals working in cultural and creative SMEs
- Bogotá’s cultural industries are mapped
- The capacities of professionals in the sector are strengthened
- A training module for cultural entrepreneurs, including good practices and lessons learnt, is prepared