The project, implemented by the Association pour la Promotion de l’Audiovisuel et du Spectacle (APPAS), aims to create a data bank of African audiovisual and film productions (‘BIMAC’). The works will be selected from all over the continent and made available to producers, directors and researchers around the world. The project will promote the diffusion of these works on African and international markets, thus reinforcing the visibility and capacities of the audiovisual sector throughout the continent.
- Collecting and inventorying African audiovisual works including those currently in production;
- Developing the physical and technical aspects of the databank;
- Collecting and inventorying information on African filmmakers, producers, distributors and other relevant professionals;
- Enhancing the visibility of the project through interactions with African and international professional networks and federated associations; and
- Organizing workshops to introduce African cinema to young people and provide them with training in audiovisual techniques.