Asociación Mujeres en las Artes “Leticia de Oyuela”, a non-profit organization committed to promoting women’s participation in arts and culture, proposes to: 1) strengthen the capacities of women and young creators to participate in the design of a cultural development policy; 2) establish a networking platform among cultural players, women and young creators; and 3) draft and validate a proposal for a cultural development policy and advocate for it at the governmental level.
- Train 140 leaders (women and young people) in five cultural regions of Honduras to lead the construction of regional agendas and advocate for cultural policy.
- Create a digital platform to promote the creation of regional networks of cultural agents, women and young creators.
- Organize national and regional forums on cultural policy.
- Establish a committee to follow up on the policy implementation and other relevant regulating mechanism.
- Disseminate a first draft of the cultural policy at the national level to enhance it and ensure its validation.
- Conduct an advocacy process at the governmental level.
Reinforces the role of civil society in cultural policy making and implementation - The project will provide civil society, especially women and youth organizations, with a digital platform and training on cultural policymaking to advocate for more inclusive cultural policy.