The Ministry of Culture of Argentina develops the "Points of Culture Programme" since 2011, and still continues to date. Its purpose is to strengthen community culture networks and the work of civil society organizations through economic and technical support for the execution of community cultural projects promoting social inclusion, reappreciation of local identity and citizen participation throughout the country.
For that purpose, it features four components:
1 . Direct transfer of funds through open contests.
2. Technical and administrative support, through the organization of training, s essions, technical assistance, clinics, etc.
3. Articulation and cooperation- Strengthening of the National Network of Points of Culture and other networks of community culture, through the organization of national and regional meetings; training exchanges between points of culture and the execution of Cultural Bridge I Puente Cultura activities; the empowering of community culture networks through financial support to pay for transportation to attend meetings, congresses, caravans and seminars; financing of internal activities and the constitution of a Community Cultural Council with participation in the most repr esentative networks.
4. Generation of cultural productions (creation of a multimedia sample, publication of photographs, collection of audiovisual material, documentary) and hiring of artistic assistanc e across points of culture.
Quantitatively, the program produced the following results:
- 1 National Network of Points of Culture formed by 450 indigenous communities and organizations from all over the country.
- 1 National Register of Points of Culture with over 3500 members.
- 2 national meetings and 13 regional meetings carried out.
- Over 300 activities performed by the Ministry at points of culture.
- 26 experience exchanges among points of culture.
In the 2011-2015 period, the Program allocated AR$20,000,000 (approximately USD 3,255,000) for financial support for equipment, exchange meetings and training spaces.