Chairperson: Mr Jean-Marie Adoua (Congo)
Rapporteur: Ms Laure Rabarison (Madagascar)
Vice-Chairpersons: Austria, Lithuania, Saint Lucia, United Arab Emirates and Viet Nam
Eighth ordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee
Highlights of the session:
(Paris, 9 - 11 December 2014, UNESCO, Room II)
- International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD): approval of 7 new projects
- Periodic Reporting: review of 6 new quadrennial periodic reports, and adoption of draft Operational Guidelines on Article 9 “Information Sharing and Transparency”, including the Framework for Periodic Reporting
- Implementation and impact of Article 16 (Preferential Treatment for Developing Countries) and Article 21 (International Consultation and Coordination): decision to continue working on the collection and analysis of information.
- Implementation of the Convention: proposal to foresee new draft Operational Guidelines on digital issues and the diversity of cultural expressions.
- Visibility of the Convention: increase overall visibility efforts in the context of the 10th anniversary of the Convention, including through the organization of exchange sessions prior to Conference of Parties (June 2015) on digital issues, and impact of articles 16 and 21;