Discover the first 9 UCCN Membership Monitoring Reports
The first 9 Creative Cities, that have joined the Network from 2004 and 2006, have submitted their Membership Monitoring Reports. Discover the main achievements in the cities of Edinburgh, Aswan, Popayán, Santa Fe, Bologna, Montreal, Seville, Berlin and Buenos Aires, in implementing the Network’s Mission Statement.
In the framework of the “Membership Monitoring Guidelines” approved at the IXth Annual Meeting held in Kanazawa (Japan) in May 2015, the UCCN Membership Monitoring Reports is a once-every-four-year reporting exercise aimed at periodically and systematically providing relevant and up-to-date information about Creatives Cities’ overall situation and activity details.
In addition to monitor and evaluate the impact of the designations at the local and international levels, and to verify the steadfast commitment of the members of the Network through the presentation of a new quadrennial action plan, these reports’ objective is also to assess trends in fostering the role of culture and creativity as enablers and drivers of the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable urban development.
The UCCN Membership Monitoring Reports are published online on the page dedicated to the “Reporting and monitoring” (https://en.unesco.org/creative-cities/content/reporting-monitoring) as well as on the corresponding cities pages, starting by the following:
- Edinburgh (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) - City of Literature (upcoming)
- Aswan (Egypt) - City of Crafts and Folk Arts
- Popayán (Colombia) - City of Gastronomy
- Santa Fe (USA) - City of Crafts and Folk Arts
- Bologna (Italy) - City of Music
- Montreal (Canada) - City of Design
- Seville (Spain) - City of Music
- Berlin (Germany) - City of Design
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) - City of Design