Coming Soon in Sapporo | 2018 Edition of No Maps
From 10 to 14 October, Sapporo, UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts in Japan, will be hosting the 2018 edition of No Maps. Sapporo Creative Convention No Maps is an event that seeks to cross borders between media arts, music, film, education, urban development, with the aim to draw new ideas for social experiment in Sapporo and Hokkaido.
The Convention targets every and all people who are actively engaged in building the society of tomorrow, through creative ideas and new technology. Several experiments, conferences, exhibitions and meet-ups focusing on cutting-edge technology and innovative ideas, will be held to inspire ways to transform society. Among the wide range of events:
- An International Short Film Festival which will screen 60 movies of directors from around the world;
- A meet-up in the heart of the city centre, to exchange on the theme “Wander, encounter and experience”;
- Business Conferences focusing on cutting-edge technology, creative contents and their impact on society;
- A conference on “Install the City in the City” in cooperation with Shibuya City notably exploring open innovation, diversity, nighttime economy and artificial intelligence;
- The Chi-Ka-Ho Showcase which will display experiments in public spaces; and
- Music live concerts and other artistic events at Tanukikoji Area.