UNESCO Creative Cities Network Annual Conferences offer a unique occasion to strengthen the ties between cities from around the world and serves as a platform to define the strategic objectives of an expanded and well-balanced Network.
- Exchange updated information on activities carried out by cities intended to implement the objectives of the Network both at the local and international level and formulate new inter-city partnership initiatives;
- Determine the Network’s strategy and operations, and agree upon important matters related to future developments, including the priorities of the Network for the coming year;
- Offer a key platform of dialogue between the Creative Cities and UNESCO, regarding the Organization’s priorities on culture and development and other issues of mutual interests.
The Annual Conference is held once a year (except in case of force majeure) by one of the Creative Cities. All member cities of the Network are advised to take part in these meetings.
- 2022 Annual Conference held in Santos
- 2019 Annual Conference held in Fabriano
- 2018 Annual Conference held in Krakow and Katowice
- 2017 Annual Conference held in Enghien-les-Bains
- 2016 Annual Conference held in Östersund
- 2015 Annual Conference held in Kanazawa
- 2014 Annual Conference held in Chengdu
- 2013 Annual Conference held in Bologna
2025 UCCN Host City Selection Criteria (available for member cities)