UNESCO Creative Cities Network Annual Conferences offer a unique occasion to strengthen the ties between cities from around the world and serves as a platform to define the strategic objectives of an expanded and well-balanced Network.
The main objectives of this event are to:
- Exchange updated information on activities carried out by cities intended to implement the objectives of the Network both at the local and international level and formulate new inter-city partnership initiatives;
- Determine the Network’s strategy and operations, and agree upon important matters related to future developments, including the priorities of the Network for the coming year;
- Offer a key platform of dialogue between the Creative Cities and UNESCO, regarding the Organization’s priorities on culture and development and other issues of mutual interests.
The Annual Conference is held once a year (except in case of force majeure) by one of the Creative Cities. All member cities of the Network are advised to take part in these meetings.
Previous Annual Conferences have been held in Paris in 2008, Santa Fe in 2008, Lyon in 2009, Shenzhen in 2010, Seoul in 2011, Montréal in 2012, Bologna in 2013, Chengdu in 2014, Kanazawa in 2015, Östersund in 2016, Enghien-les-Bains in 2017, Krakow and Katowice in 2018, Fabriano in 2019, and Santos in 2022.
The next Annual Conferences will be held in Istanbul (2023) and Braga (2024).
Find more about previous Annual Conferences:
- 2022 Annual Conference held in Santos
- 2019 Annual Conference held in Fabriano
- 2018 Annual Conference held in Krakow and Katowice
- 2017 Annual Conference held in Enghien-les-Bains
- 2016 Annual Conference held in Östersund
- 2015 Annual Conference held in Kanazawa
- 2014 Annual Conference held in Chengdu
- 2013 Annual Conference held in Bologna
Interested in applying to host the 2025 Annual Conference? The Call for Candidatures for the Host City of the XVII UCCN Annual Conference is now open.
2025 UCCN Host City Selection Criteria (available for member cities)