Initiatives and campaigns
- Social Media Campaign on UNESCO Global Geoparks initiatives in the context of the COVID19 pandemic in order to support local communities, launched on 22 April 2020, Earth Day (50th anniversary), Collection of good practices
- Surveys on on the impact of COVID-19 on UNESCO Biosphere Reserves and how the Man and the Biosphere Programme can support them. o
- UNESCO – U-INSPIRE Webinar: Asia and the Pacific Youth and Young Professionals engagement on COVID-19. UNESCO facilitated and advocated youth and young professionals in a number of Asian countries to establish a national platform called U-INSPIRE (Youth and Young Professionals on Innovation, Science, and Technology Platform for Disaster and Climate Change Resiliency): using their SETI capacity, share and discuss how youth and young professional use their science, engineering, technology and innovation background have and could contribute in fighting against COVID-19.
Watch the Webinar on Facebook
- Output of the Webinar
- COVID-19 Monitoring Platform codesigned by Youth Innovation Lab, Nepal and RIKA India.
- U-INSPIRE India is using simple yet very strong visualization tactics to showcase the information of how the different states are faring in COVID fights and why it is important for people to stay inside
- U-INSPIRE Nepal had initially developed COVID-19 global impact infographics and developed an awareness video to be safe from being infected in Nepali and English language, prioritizing the awareness in local language.
- The Regional Science Bureau for Asia and The Pacific, UNESCO Office Jakarta, jointly with the U-INSPIRE Alliance organized a webinar "Shared Practical Experience of Asia and the Pacific Youth and Young Professionals activities on COVID-19".
- UNESCO Office Jakarta, in collaboration with COVID-19 Task Force and U-INSPIRE with the support of WHO and UNIC developed a Risk communication video for social awareness on COVID-19.
- Output of the Webinar
- This pandemic, the result of our mistreated biodiversity?
- Great Apes and COVID-19, an additional threat to already endangered species
- Green economies, a bulwark against COVID 19 for Lake Chad communities
Series of monthly Webinars designed to help the MAB network inspire and engage key biosphere stakeholders at a time of transformation.
- Webinar with the Africa Youth Advisory Board for Disaster Risk Reduction