UNESCO Headquarters, field offices and institutes are organizing regular webinars on the educational dimensions of the COVID-19 pandemic. Those webinars provide a venue for stakeholders working in education to share practices, ideas and resources about country responses to school closures and other challenges stemming from the global health crisis.
The webinars address a range of topics with a view to:
- maintaining the continuity of learning, especially for underprivileged children and youth; and
- ensuring all students return to school as they reopen
Webinars organized by UNESCO Headquarters
- UNESCO’s weekly webinar series
UNESCO’s weekly webinars have run since March 2020 and have covered a range of topics related to the educational dimensions of the COVID-19 pandemic, from equity and gender to distance learning strategies, connectivity, reopening of schools, health issues and the impact on the global higher education campus. See below the list of upcoming and past webinars.
You can sign up to receive information every week about the upcoming webinar.
- Back to School webinar series
The joint series of five UNESCO-UNICEF-World Bank webinars in June 2020 is organized around the Framework for reopening of schools and aims to support governments in strengthening distance learning and facilitating the reopening of schools, as part of the Global Education Coalition’s efforts on COVID-19. More information.
Webinars organized by UNESCO field offices and institutes
- The UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning GNLC webinars, organized with the members of the Global Network of Learning Cities, are open to all interested stakeholders.
- IBE-UNESCO Webinar: COVID-19 lessons and curriculum-related actions: The challenges for developing countries, 30 October 2020. More information
Latin America: Webinar series organized by the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in Latin America and the Caribbean. Information on past and upcoming webinars.
- Caribbean: Webinar series organized by the UNESCO Cluster Office for the Caribbean. More information.
- Asia and the Pacific: Virtual meetings and webinar series organized by the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in Asia Pacific on COVID-19 and education. More information
- Arab States: Webinars organized by the UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States. More information.
- Africa: Webinars and virtual meetings organized by the UNESCO Regional Office for West Africa and the Regional Office for Eastern Africa.
- The Teacher Task Force also hosts a series of regional virtual meetings with national and regional stakeholders on education to examine the main challenges related to teachers and online learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. More information.