More information - Jamaica
Prime Minister, Minister of Defence and Minister of Economic Growth and Job Creation:
The Hon. Andrew Holness
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Jamaica to Belgium,
Born on 16 January 1957.
Education: She has a B.Sc. (International relations) from the University of West Indies (Mona, Jamaica) and a M.A. (International Affairs) from the Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. She is fluent in Spanish and proficient in French.
- 2006/present: Under-Secretary, Multilateral Affairs Division.
- 2005/2006: Director, International Organizations Department, Ministry of Foreign
Affairs and Foreign Trade.
- 2001/2005: Ambassador to Mexico, Central America and Belize.
- 1998/2001: Deputy Representative to the Organization of American States.
- 1995/1998: Deputy Director, International Organizations Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.
- 1990/1995: Deputy High Commissioner, Jamaica High Commission, Ottawa, Canada.
- 1988/1990: Assistant Director, Political Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade.
- 1984/1988: Counsellor and Head of Chancery, Embassy of Caracas, Venezuela
Permanent Delegation of Jamaica to UNESCO
Avenue Hansen Soulie, 77
+32 2 234 69 65
+ 32 2 234 69 66
+32 2 234 69 69
Jamaica National Commission for UNESCO
ISA Building, 3rd Floor
14-20 Port Royal Street
Phone: (876) 967-9893;