International Women's Day 2018
Events in the Field
- UNESCO Office in San Jose: Launching social media campaigns and many activities being implemented in San José from United Nations
- UNESCO Office in Ramallah: UNESCO’s Theater Performance and Art Exhibition in Gaza as part of the “She leads the way” campaign.
- UNESCO Office in Apia: launching a social media campaign on empowering rural women ( empowering_rural_women.pdf) and promoting gender equality in the Pacific ( promoting_gender_equality_in_the_pacific.pdf).
- UNESCO Office in Beirut: celebrates International Women’s Day by empowering Arab youth to advocate for gender equality.
- UNESCO Office in Doha: UNESCO GCC and Yemen Office Celebrates International Women’s Day 2018 in Qatar
- UNESCO Office in Bangkok: Launches Women Make the News (WMN) Thailand and also a call for stories on rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives to journalists in Lao PDR.
- UNESCO Office in Dakar: UNESCO joins in Urban Women Week to promote the leadership of the women in the urban cultures.
- UNESCO Office in Khartoum: In cooperation with the Sudanese Journalist Union, UNESCO organized two events for women-journalists and also joined the joint UN celebration with other UN agencies and NGOs.