The recruitment process for Professional posts at UNESCO is as follows:
1. Applying for a job
- You normally have two months to apply once a job is advertised on-line (one month for internal vacancies). You will receive a confirmation of your application by e-mail. List of vacancies.
- After the closing date, a Committee will select candidates on the basis of their qualifications, experience and skills (including language), as well as other relevant knowledge and abilities for a particular position.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (phone interviews may be conducted beforehand to make a preliminary assessment). Reference checks will also be made relating to your previous professional experience.
- A Panel will make the final evaluation on whether your profile matches the job.
- An offer of appointment will be made to the successful candidate.