Centro de Formação Dr. Rui Grácio
“Centro de Formação Dr. Rui Grácio” is a public In-Service Teacher Training Centre of the Portuguese Ministry of Education since 1993, inside the Portuguese Education system.
Its key activities are the following:
· it coordinates the training plan of 63 Schools, 580 teachers and 250 other school personnel of the area of Lagos, Aljezur and Vila do Bispo councils / municipalities.
· It is responsible for the project of management and evaluation of in-service teacher training in the southwest region of Algarve - Portugal.
· it is certified by the “Scientific and Pedagogic Board of In-service Teacher Training” of the Portuguese Ministry of Education nr. CCPFC-ENT-AE-1163/12 .
· it has the scientific-pedagogic expertise to conceive and organise several training and research-action projects on Education, under several modalities: workshops, courses, seminars, conferences, study circles, research and innovation projects (local, regional, national and European or international level).
· It officially certifies teachers and other staff for CPD purposes (Continuing Professional Development) and career progression.
The Centre promotes in-service training for all the teachers and other adult staff: teachers of all levels, from pre-school to secondary; school headmasters; educational technicians as psychologists, sociologists, experts in special needs education, etc; administrative personnel; school auxiliary assistants; parents; other school personnel.
The Centre has a long experience in the field of CPD - Continuing Professional Development. Every year organises training courses and projects in several educational fields, with the collaboration of different partners and several experts with PhD and Master Degrees, Post-Graduation or Degree on Education and Educational Sciences. So the Trainers of the Centre have relevant CV and are certified by the “Scientific and Pedagogic Board of In-service Training” of the Portuguese Ministry of Education. The Centre has participated in several European / international projects in the field of CPD and Educational research and innovation. So it has the expertise to conceive, develop and evaluate all the activities planned in this project. This Centre is also a UNESCO associated entity (ASP-NET Unesco) and it is engaged in projects for the Sustainable Development, for Human Rights, for Intercultural Dialogue and for the Millennium Development Goals, promoting international cooperation for the study, the analysis and the debate around educational issues and problems, following research-action methodologies and participating on innovation projects.