Care for the Earth - Act against Poverty!
The international community is called upon to celebrate two important United Nations International Days that aim at shaping a world where all people can enjoy decent lives within inclusive, equitable and sustainable communities.
- 16 October 2014 - World Food Day: “Family Farming: Feeding the world, protecting the planet”;
- 17 October 2014 - International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: "Do not leave anyone out: think, decide and act together against poverty".
This represents an opportunity for ASPnet worldwide to raise awareness about the significant role of world citizens in taking care of our Earth and contributing to the eradication of poverty.
We, therefore, invite you to observe these International Days at your school and share your activities on the ASPnet in Action online collaborative platform: http://en.unesco.org/aspnet/globalcitizens/
- Discuss in class how cultural traditions and practices can help improve educational opportunities and food supply for the poorest children, and send us your results.
- Set up an exchange fair in your class or school and bring old books, toys and other items which you don’t use any more to benefit your classmates.
- Organize a solidarity meal for homeless or disadvantaged people in your community.
- Interview family farmers in your area and take pictures of their living environment.
Register now and join the discussions!