School Radio for Global Citizenship - Portugal and United Kingdom
The “School Radio for Learning” Comenius Regio project is an EU collaborative education project between Southwark (UK) and the Algarve (PT). It allows teachers and students to examine how they can:
- raise the ability of schools to focus on literacy and language issues in a creative way through the use of school radio broadcasting for learning.
- develop the skills that teachers require to do the radio activities with students using ICT and specific methodologies.
- focus on peace and global citizenship education for school radio contents production.
Throughout the life of the project:
- Joint conferences support the building of links and the sharing of good practice.
- Aculco Radio of London (Embassadors for Peace), and the Teacher Training Centre “Dr Rui Grácio” of Lagos (UNESCO Associated School), collaborate and support teacher training for the schools.
- Partner schools will celebrate World Radio Day on February, 13th.
- Teachers from both regions will be supported to job shadow in schools in their partner region by Erasmus+ programme.
The project was funded by the LLP Comenius Regio of the European Commission.
The coordinating institution is London Southwark Council at European level and in Portugal is the Algarve Education regional board - Ministry of Education, DGESTE-DSRAL.
- Website of the project
- Presentation of a teacher training framework on “Peace, Intercultural Dialogue and Global Citizenship Education trough School Radio” by Centro de Formação Rui Grácio
- Teacher Training programme proposal on School Radio by Centro de Formação Rui Grácio
- Photo gallery of the project meeting and activities in London, March 2014
- Photo gallery of the project meeting and activities in Lagos, June 2014
- Photo gallery of the project meeting and activities in London, October 2014