The International Conference is organized by UNESCO, Government of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area – Ugra and the European Language Resources Association (ELRA) and its Special Interest Group on Under-resourced languages (SIGUL), in partnership with the UNESCO Information for All Programme (IFAP) and Interregional Library Cooperation Centre.
The Conference is conducted by an Organizing Committee that is chaired by the Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information of UNESCO. Other members of the Organizing Committee include a representative from the:
- Government of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area – Ugra (Mr Alexey Shipilov, First Deputy Governor of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Area – Ugra),
- European Language Resources Association and its and its Special Interest Group on Under-resourced languages (SIGUL) (Mr Khalid Choukri, General Secretary, Mr Joseph Mariani, Senior Researcher, LIMSI-CNRS, France and Honorary President of ELRA, France, and Ms Sakti Sakriani, Secretary, SIGUL),
- UNESCO Intergovernmental Information for All Programme (Ms Dorothy Gordon, Chair and Mr Evgeny Kuzmin, Vice-Chair),
- Steering Committee for the organization of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages (IYIL2019) (Ms Aili Keskitalo, Indigenous Co-chair and Chair of the Ad-hoc group on Language Technologies), and
- UNESCO Secretariat (Ms Irmgarda Kasinskaite-Buddeberg and Mr Jaco du Toit).
The Organizing Committee is also supported by the sub-committees: