Exclusion of Liability
The Organization assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
The information contained in the Database is:
- of general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily complete, accurate or up to date;
- not intended to provide a comprehensive or exhaustive picture of the country situation;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the Organization has no control and for which the Organization assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice.
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text.
UNESCO is not responsible for any direct, indirect or consequential damages of any sort incurred by you in connection with your use of the Database.
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or waiver of the privileges and immunities of UNESCO, all of which are specifically reserved.
You may not publicly represent or imply that UNESCO is participating in, or has sponsored, approved or endorsed the manner or purpose of your use or reproduction of the Database.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However, UNESCO reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Database, any means of accessing or utilizing the Database at our sole discretion with or without prior notice to you.
The designations employed and the presentation of the material in this database do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNESCO concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Sources for the Right to Education Database
Information from Member States
- Official websites of the Ministries of Education (and related national institutions) and legislative bodies for each country.
- State Reports submitted for the 7th and 8th Consultations on the implementation of the 1960 UNESCO Convention and Recommendation against Discrimination in Education.
- State Reports submitted for the 4th and 5th Consultations on the implementation of the 1974 UNESCO Recommendation concerning Education for International Understanding, Co-operation and Peace and Education relating to Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
- National Reports on the Development of Education for the 48th International Conference on Education (ICE) in 2008
- State Reports submitted under the framework of the Sixth International Conference on Adult Education (CONFINTEA VI), hosted by the Government of Brazil in Belém in 2009.
United Nations System
- EFA GMR reports
- UNESCO National Education Support Strategy (UNESS) documents
- IBE World Data on Education by country
- IBE Country Dossiers
- IIEP Planipolis
- IIEP National Education Legislation (Documentation Center) by country
- UIS Global Education Digest 2011
- UNICEF Publications and Country Profiles
- United Nations Girls’ Education Initiative
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education: The Special Rapporteur is an independent expert appointed by the Human Rights Council to examine and report back on a country situation or a specific human rights theme
- Universal Human Rights Index
- United Nations Public Administration Network (UNPAN)
- UNDAF (United Nations Development Action Framework): strategic programme document between a government and the United Nations Country Team that describes the collective actions and strategies of the United Nations to the achievement of national development. The UNDAF includes outcomes, activities and UN agency responsibilities that are agreed by government.
- United Nations Country Teams and United Nations Joint Analysis and Policy Unit
- World Bank (World Bank Education Data): The World Bank compiles data on education inputs, participation, efficiency, and outcomes.
- International Labour Organisation (NATLEX): database of national labour, social security and related human rights legislation maintained by the ILO's International Labour Standards Department. Records in NATLEX provide abstracts of legislation and relevant citation information, and they are indexed by keywords and by subject classifications.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO Lex): WIPO Lex is a one-stop search facility for national laws and treaties on intellectual property (IP) of WIPO, WTO and UN Members. It also features related information which elaborates, analyzes and interprets these laws and treaties.
Other International Organisations
- OECD Education profiles by country
- European Commission (Eurydice Network on Education systems and policies): The Eurydice Network provides information on and analyses of European education systems and policies. It focuses on the way education in Europe is structured and organised at all levels.
- European Agency for Development in special needs education. It acts as a platform for collaboration for Ministries of Education in the field of special needs education.
- La Organización de Estados Iberoamericanos para la Educación, la Ciencia y la Cultura (Education laws of Countries of Latin America)
- SEAMEO-INNOTECH (Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organisation) (Profile of SEAMEO countries)