Youth participation & Empowerment
UNESCO Youth team’s unique, cross-sectoral response to the Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security, puts young women and men at the very heart of addressing the root causes of violent extremism. The collaboration between Education, Social and Human Sciences, Communication and Information and Culture ensures that young people are provided with the multifaceted training, skills and support required to engage as active citizens and lead the global movement towards the creation of a peaceful world.
What we do
The Youth team coordinates a variety of initiatives that put youth front and centre of UNESCO’s response to PVE. This includes:
- Working with youth organizations to improve their skills, capacity gaps and to address any challenges they experience related to youth
- Developing capacity building workshops to equip young people with the skills they need to be active global citizens
- Working with partner organizations on the development of national youth policies, ensuring that young people themselves are fully engaged in the processes.
- Evaluating digital youth platforms and encouraging civic participation through social media
- Organizing global and regional events to promote youth public participation in addressing radicalization
- 1 of 5
- next ›
- 1 of 3
- next ›