UNESCO is inviting written proposals from academic and research institutions for producing the 2017 report in the series World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development, in accordance with the assignment described in Terms of Reference.
A written proposal should comprise, in separate attached documents:
1) A Technical Proposal consisting of the following:
- A description of your organization, including its managerial/administrative capacity and previous engagement in research projects on freedom of expression and media development, as well as information about any additional partners envisaged in a consortium to be led by your organization;
- The added value of your organization in this research and prospects for sustainability, including through contributions to the project;
- A detailed approach, strategy and methodology guaranteeing a successful undertaking of the assignment;
- A detailed work plan for the assignment, including specific indicators and timelines;
- A description of the proposed team, including updated CVs;
- Comments on the Terms of Reference, if any.
2) A Financial Proposal for the assignment, broken down by activity as described in Attachment C. The budget should be quoted in US Dollars.
The proposal and any supporting documents must be in English.
UNESCO places great emphasis on ensuring that the objectives of the work assignment, as described in the Terms of Reference, are met. Accordingly, in evaluating the proposals for the assignment, attention will focus first and foremost on the technical elements. From those proposals deemed suitable in terms of the criteria in the Terms of Reference, UNESCO shall select the proposal that offers the Organization best value for money.
Offers comprising a technical proposal and financial proposal, submitted in two separate files, should be sent through two separate emails to the following address no later than 9 a.m. on Monday, 15 February 2016:
To ease the email tracing and facilitate quick processing, the following subject line should be used “Proposal for World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development 2017”.
Submissions will be acknowledged by email upon receipt but ONLY selected organizations will receive further notification and correspondences.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proposal is received by the deadline.
For any requests for clarification, please contact Ms Rachel Pollack Ichou (r.pollack(at)unesco.org).