On Thursday, September 3rd, 2015, the 1st meeting of the Organizational Committee of a Conference “Safeguarding the Cultural Heritage: Challenges and Opportunities in Sudanese Context” took place. The Conference is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of UNESCO, and is going to contribute to the UNESCO’s initiative Unite4Heritage.
The Conference is planned to be held on the 29th of November, 2015, in Khartoum, and is planned to cover the following topics:
- History of the Cultural Heritage Safeguarding
- Actualities of the Cultural Heritage Safeguarding
- Islamic view on the Cultural Heritage
The Conference was initiated by UNESCO Khartoum office and the Italian Embassy in Sudan in May 2015, and currently the Organization Committee of the Conference consists of:
- The Embassy of Germany in Sudan
- The Embassy of Italy in Sudan
- The French Institute in Sudan
- The Ministry of Culture of Sudan
- The Sudanese National Commission for Education, Science and Culture
- The Sudanese National Corporation of Antiquities and Museums
The Organizational Committee aims to involve a wide range of researchers working in Sudan to discuss with them the existing challengers, issues, and opportunities of the cultural heritage management, targeting to improve already existing cultural heritage protection means in Sudan and identify new ones.