UNESCO developed training module on Media and Information Literacy in Kazakh language, as a content of the Android application of the "Voice of Kyzylorda" to improve knowledge and information literacy skills of citizens of 12 villages in Kyzylorda oblast.
In this regard, UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office, in cooperation with Minber Public Fund, organized two-day training workshop from 17 to 18 May 2017 in Kyzylorda, Kazakhstan. Local librarians, educators and youth volunteers will apply new training module to improve access to information skills and revise own media content policies and principles.
The workshop agenda includes the following topics:
- Influence of media literacy on community;
- New Media Tools: Social Networks;
- Rules and tips for social networkers;
- Introduce the peculiarities of content creation with mobile application “Voice of Kyzylorda”;
- Social media content as a community media outlet;
- Engaging audiences into Community Multimedia Centre, principles of involvement of community volunteers;
- Communication strategies.
Publications on media and information literacy are available in the training-materials section of the application "Voice of Kyzylorda".
The application can be downloaded here.