The African Network of Earth Science Institutions (ANESI) Mobility Programme aims to promote high quality research and training through exchanges and collaboration among Earth science institutions in Africa. There are four programmes within the ANESI Mobility Programme: ANESI’s Student Exchange Programme, Researcher Exchange Programme, University/Industry Joint Training Programme and visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists. Deadline for applications: 15 November 2015.
UNESCO’s Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, which aims to support the development of the next generation of Earth scientists in Africa who are equipped with the necessary tools, networks and perspectives to apply sound science to solving and benefiting from the challenges and opportunities of sustainable development, is implemented through ANESI.
ANESI’s Student Exchange Programme
The Student Exchange Programme is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to increase the mobility of students in Africa. ANESI welcomes applications from:
- Young Earth science postgraduate students (MSc and PhD) willing to participate in a specific course or to use a research facility in another African institution;
- African Earth science institutions willing to host students from other African countries for a specific course.
ANESI’s Researcher Exchange Programme
The Researcher Exchange Programme is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to increase the mobility of scientists. ANESI welcomes applications from:
- African Earth science institutions in need of Lecturers for specific courses or visiting scientist to build capacity in a specific area of research in Earth sciences;
- African Earth science researchers willing to use a research facility in another African institution.
ANESI’s University/Industry Joint Training Programme
The partnership programme with industry is one of the capacity building programmes with the objective to enhance student’s professional skills, and at the same time give opportunities to industry to influence training and research programmes. ANESI welcomes applications from:
- African Earth science institutions willing to strengthen their partnership with Earth science-related industries through joint research or training programmes.
ANESI’s visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists
The Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to improve the involvement of women in post-graduate studies. ANESI welcomes applications from institutes that are willing to:
- Encourage their best performing young MSc graduate females to pursue PhD programmes;
- Support their best performing ongoing PhD female students.
All applications should be received by the ANESI Secretariat no later than 15 November 2015, 11.59PM GMT +3.