1. Which projects are eligible for IFPC funding ?
The IFPC is not linked to any UNESCO culture convention. It also does not aim to fund cultural policies, capacity building and training, inventories and safeguarding measures, which are covered by other UNESCO Funds established under the Organisation's culture conventions.
Activities eligible for receipt of assistance from the International Fund for the Promotion of Culture:
- the production of cultural and artistic works;
- the organization of cultural and artistic events of national, regional and/or international scope contributing to the establishment of culture and development strategies and programmes.
Examples of ineligible activities:
- Projects whose main focus is capacity building / training/workshops;
- Projects whose main focus is academic and/or academic research;
- Projects on inventories;
- Projects on safeguarding measures on tangible and/or intangible heritage;
- Projects which focus on cultural policy;
- Social animation projects;
- Arts education projects;
- Projects whose implementation dates exceed 9 months;
- Projects whose start date is prior April 2015;
- Projects which have not identified another source of funding, whether financial or in-kind, covering at least 20% co-financing of the estimated total project cost;
- Projects which do not respond to the criteria set out in the Operational Guidelines.
2. Who can apply for funding?
- public bodies with specific responsibility for the promotion of culture and artistic creation;
- non-governmental organizations and non-profit private bodies whose objectives are in conformity with those of the Fund and whose activities contribute to the promotion of culture and artistic creation;
- individuals, particularly artists and creators.
The status under which you are applying will determine the type of contract you will sign with UNESCO if you application is successful. You can not change your applicant status after your application is submitted.
3. Can I include attachments in support of my application form?
The only attachments that are accepted are those which are specifically requested in the application form.
No further attachments will be accepted.
4. What do I need to be aware of in order for my application to be eligible for evaluation?
Here are a few recommendations which you may like to follow before sending your application form:
- Ensure that the project activities you propose are eligible for evaluation(please see the section above). No matter how good your project is, it will not be eligible if it does not correspond to the activities of the Fund;
- Ensure that you are eligible to apply as a project holder (please see section above);
- The Fund will only fund activities with an implementation calendar of 9 months, starting from April 2015;
- Ensure that you have clearly and explicitly responded to all questions. Take extra care to complete the budget breakdown in the IFPC pdf format provided in the online platform. Please note that only the IFPC pdf format for the budget breakdown will be considered for evaluation. Use the button ‘other’ at the end of the table to include additional budgetary expenses which are specific to your project. Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Submit only 1 application per applicant/project holder. Multiple applications from the same applicant/project holder will not be considered. Only the first one received by the IFPC Secretariat will be considered as valid;
- Before submitting your application, ensure that you have read through it carefully and thoroughly. Once you have submitted your application you will no longer be able to make any changes;
- Only applications submitted in English and French – the two working languages of the Fund – are accepted;
- Please only apply and send us your project proposal through the designated IFPC application form. The only additional documents accepted are those requested in the application form (please see above). No other supporting documentation is accepted and it will not be taken under consideration in the evaluation process;
- Late applications or applications which for any reason, technical or other, do not reach the IFPC Secretariat within the deadline will not be evaluated. We, therefore, strongly recommend that applicants do not to wait until the last moment to submit their application.
5. What language can I submit my application form in?
All applications must be completed in one of the two working languages of the Fund: English or French.
Applications completed in other languages will not be taken into consideration.
6. How do I submit my application form?
The IFPC application form must be completed and submitted online. Please create an account by signing into our online platform.Click here to access it. Once you have created an account, you can access your application form online, save your work as you go along, and submit it to the IFPC Secretariat.
Deadline: 30 May 2014 at noon CEST
In exceptional circumstances only, if you are not in a position to submit your application online, a signed hard copy can be sent within the deadline (as evidenced by the postmark). The hard copy must be sent to the following address: IFPC Secretariat UNESCO, 7 Place de Fontenoy, 75732 Paris Cedex 07, France.
Please do not send both an electronic application and a hard copy application.
7. How many projects proposals can I submit ?
Only one application from the same applicant/project holder will be considered.
Once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes. Only the first application sent by the applicant will be considered.
8. What if I have technical problems accessing and/or submitting my application form?
If you experience a technical problem when trying to access the application form or when submitting your application form, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before noon CEST on 30 April 2014. Technical problems reported after this time will not be accepted as justification for the late submission of applications. We, therefore, strongly recommend applicants do not wait until the last moment to submit their application.
9. What if I have some content-related queries on the application form?
If you have any queries related to the call for project proposals and/or the online application form, please contact us at: email@example.com
We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible.
Please do not contact the IFPC Secretariat by phone.
10. How do I sign the application form?
Please download and print the pdf "signature" provided in the online platforme, then sign, scan and upload it as an attachment on the online platform.
11. When will I know the outcome of my application?
As per the calendar in the Operational Guidelines of the IFPC, final decisions are taken in February 2015. Successful candidates only will be contacted within 2 weeks after final decisions are taken. If you have not heard from us by 24 March 2015 assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that the IFPC Secretariat is not able to provide individual information on the ongoing status of the applications submitted.
12. How are the funds disbursed?
Successful applicants will be contacted directly by the IFPC Secretariat with whom they will discuss both the terms of reference and the payment calendar according to the project’s activities. A contract will be signed between UNESCO and the project holder.
UNESCO will disburse the funds in stages, according to a strict calendar and its corresponding activities. Final payment will only be disbursed after the terms of reference and contract conditions have been met, and upon receipt of a final report and of all original invoices corresponding to UNESCO’s contribution.