Training workshop on Capacity building in Management of School level Data and strengthening the EMIS for Mid-western Region
Participants from 15 District Education Offices and Regional Education Directorate in the Mid-western development region are gathering for capacity building training on Education Management Information System organized by the Department of Education with support of UNESCO.
the workshop will:
1. review the key education statistics records at schools, RCs, DEO and DOE; 2. discuss issues related to the annual school census methodology and data quality;
3. discuss on education indicators and assess their relevance to the national; regional, district, village/municipality and school education issues;
4) discuss potential changes to data collection instruments in order to address emerging issues in education;
5) provide a Standardized Student Record Keeping Excel based Software and discuss on each component;
6) discuss on potential areas of different educational information at school level, which could be a part of the Student Record Keeping Excel based Software;
7) discuss on use of the Student Record Keeping Excel based Software;
8) discuss on effective use of " Student Record Keeping Excel based Software ";
9) Provide the maximum opportunity to the participants for practical exercise in their real school level data,
10) Explore the ideas to develop the schools as the comprehensive EMIS centre and improve the current EMIS with a practical action plan of each district.