Training of Cultural Managers from the Inter-municipal Network of Culture in Costa Rica
This second working group is dedicated to the education for the implementation of UNESCO cultural conventions ratified by Costa Rica, the Kit “Small Heritage (World Heritage in Young Hands) and Diversity (Creativity Game)”, and the didactic material on Underwater World Heritage. This training is the second one of a series of six on local use and implementation of UNESCO Conventions.
Municipal Cultural Managers are keen to contribute to the local implementation of UNESCO cultural conventions ratified by Costa Rica.
Currently the State ratified:
- The Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage: ratified on the 23th August 1977;
- The Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property: ratified on the 6th March 1996;
- The Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict with Regulations for the Execution of the Convention: ratified on the 3rd June 1998;
- Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage: ratified on the 23rd February 2007;
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions: ratified on the 15th March 2011.