Second Project Report Meeting on the Quality Education for All: Math and Science Curriculum Revision Project
UNESCO Jakarta will host a 2-day meeting to report the project activities and coordination works to support the Timor-Leste Science and Mathematics curriculum revision for the third cycle, inviting five cluster countries.
Within the framework of the Project, UNESCO Jakarta Office and its implementation partners, the Timor-Leste National Commission for UNESCO (TL-NatCom), SESIM (Centre for the Study of Science and Mathematics) within the TL-NatCom, Timor-Leste Ministry of Education, cabinet of the Vice Minister for Basic Education (pre-school to 9th grade) and KOICA support the Timor-Leste Ministry of Education in enhancing Mathematics and Science education in Timor-Leste. The project aims at revising and developing Math and Science curriculum of the Third Cycle Basic Education (Junior High School). This project is the culmination of a fortunate synergy among the objectives of the four partners.
The 2-day meeting is to report the project activities and other coordination works to support the Timor-Leste Science and Mathematics curriculum revision for 3rd Cycle starting as the following.
- Present the achievement of development of science and mathematics textbooks for 7-9 grade.
- Present the teacher training activities which was conducted to improve the ability of Timorese science and mathematics teachers in relation with the quality of teaching science and mathematics of third cycle schools.
- Present the results of school visits and seminars; the challenges and recommendations.
- Present the benefits, major results obtained and impact of the project
- The participants to share their expertise in training in-service teachers and effective school visits in supporting Timor-Leste.
- Discuss the possibility for future improvement
At the end of the 2-day meeting, the following outcomes are expected from the cluster countries:
- The perspective sustainability of the project.
- What is the ideal time to revise or update the curriculum.
- How to measure the student achievement as the direct beneficiary of this project ?
- How is science in the future? Whether it is already inclusive education or not?
The participants of this 2-day meeting will be from Implementing Partner, Counterparts, Academic Institutions, Five Cluster Countries and it is expected that total of participants will be around 40 Participants. The venue for this meeting will be in Bali.