Quality Physical Education (QPE) International Workshop
In the framework of the Quality Physical Education (QPE) policy project, a 2-day interactive workshop will be organized in collaboration with the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) on 29 and 30 September 2016.
The main objectives of the event are the following:
- to encourage the stakeholders engaged in the QPE pilot countries to analyze and optimize their policy revision process and advocacy strategy on QPE;
- to build a tutoring relationship between the QPE pilot countries, GIZ and Nike, based on knowledge sharing and built on the success of the Design to move initiative (DTM);
- to establish a QPE sustainable advocacy network under Nike’s guidance.
The first day of the event will aim at optimizing the QPE policy revision process by:
1. analyzing the progress achieved in each pilot country and draw a situational analysis based on their SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) after the policy revision process is launched;
2. setting up specific and adapted objectives to address the above-mentioned weaknesses and threats and identify actions to take to improve the policy revision process;
3. establishing a sustainable tutoring relationship between the stakeholders engaged in QPE and the GIZ, based on knowledge and learning curves sharing.
The second day of the event will help developing and/or improving national communication strategies on QPE in the pilot countries, notably thanks to the guidance and expertise of one of the main QPE partners, Nike.