Planning workshop on Inclusive and sustainable cities in the face of social transformations
This workshop is organized to convene members of the Coalition of Arab Cities against Racism, Discrimination, Xenophobia and Intolerance, analyze the challenges it faces and the lessons learned since its inception in 2008, within the context of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in the wake of the adoption of the New Urban Agenda. The meeting also seeks to find ways to revitalize the Coalition by developing a roadmap for collaboration among its members and various stakeholders.
The specific objectives of the meeting are:
• Share analyses on managing diversity in cities and existing forms of discrimination, according to particularities and contexts;
• Exchange good practices of urban policies aiming to manage diversity as well as prevent and combat discriminations;
• Review the Ten-Point Plan of Action in alignment with the global agendas;
• Define the manner and the modalities of governance in the Coalition;
• Establish a roadmap to guarantee the impact and sustainability of the Coalition within the International Coalition of Inclusive and Sustainable Cities − ICCAR.