Open Access Policy for Libya
The overarching aim of OA project in Libya is to initiate actions toward establishing a successful national Open Access policy in Libya and in its higher education institutions through the collaborative efforts of the Government of Libya and UNESCO. The OA project will create necessary conditions to create a policy framework and national system that will ensure that all publicly funded research in Libya becomes freely and openly available and that Libyan academia are not left behind in the global OA movement.
The Expert Group Meeting is expected to:
1) Prepare a draft policy framework on OA for Libya, the effort will be based on UNESCO’s policy guidelines (content analysis and analysis of OA policies developed by different countries)
2) Develop a strategy for the adoption of OA policies and programmes relating to OA in Libya;
3) Brainstorm on OA policies for increasing access to scientific information in selected universities.
4) Prepare basic framework on the development of policy generator tool and a policy generation toolkit.
5) Develop a roadmap for Open Access policy finalization (and reporting in global registries)