MOST School on “Inclusive Cities: SDGs and Youth Leadership in the Arab Region”
The Regional MOST School on “Inclusive Cities: SGDs* and Youth Leadership in the Arab Region” will be held in Beirut, Lebanon, from 21 to 22 July 2016. It aims to enhance the capacity of arab social sciences students to elaborate inclusive policy processes in the SDG context in the Arab region, and will focus more specifically on UNESCO’s approach related to youth leadership and inclusion.
It builds on the recent cooperation with the Arab Council for Social Sciences (ACSS), which key aim is to promote social science research. UNESCO works with the ACSS to promote social sciences among university students in 4 countries (Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Oman).
The expected learning outcomes include the following:
• Gain a thorough understanding of key SDGs-related concepts, namely sustainability, social inclusion, social integration, social exclusion, and related linkages.
• Understand and reflect upon the key pre-requisites for an inclusive society as well as the importance of identifying relevant stakeholders.
• Gain awareness about the key role of youth in the process of social inclusion in cities in the Arab region, and their role in implementing and monitoring related projects.
• Build on existing success stories from the region to inspire the formulation of potential action plans.
* SDGs: Sustainable Development Goals