Information Meeting on the World Humanities Conference
The meeting will serve to brief Member States on the planning process for the 2017 World Humanities Conference.
The meeting will serve to brief Member States on the planning process for the 2017 World Humanities Conference, which will be held in Liège, Belgium, from 6 to 12 August 2017.
An overview of the programme will be presented, as well as opportunities to engage for Permanent Delegations and NGOs.
The conference will involve scholars from all fields of the humanities, but also of the natural, social and formal sciences.
It will be structured around six main themes:
* Humans and the environment;
* Cultural identities, cultural diversity and intercultural relations;
* Cultural heritage;
* Boundaries and migrations;
* History, memory and politics;
* The humanities in a world in transition.