Information Meeting on the Sport Programme
On the occasion of the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace, UNESCO’s Social and Human Sciences Sector invites Permanent Delegations to attend an information meeting related to two major sport and anti-doping events that will take place in 2017: MINEPS VI and the Sixth Conference of Parties to the Anti-Doping Convention.
The meeting aims to provide Member States with updates on
- the preparations for the Sixth International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport (MINEPS VI, 13-15 July 2017, Kazan, Russian Federation), and
- the Sixth Session of the Conference of Parties to the International Convention against Doping in Sport (25-26 September 2017, UNESCO Headquarters).
MINEPS VI, an international forum facilitating intellectual and technical exchange in the field of physical education and sport,will be structured around three main themes:
• Developing a comprehensive vision of inclusive access for all.
• Maximizing the contributions of sport to sustainable development and peace.
• Protecting the integrity of sport.
The Conference of Parties to the Anti-Doping Convention has overall responsibility for the implementation of the Convention and is held every two years at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.