Gender Equality and the Law
The University of Pennsylvania Law School (PennLaw) joins UNESCO in promoting a global conversation to further universal respect for justice and the rule of human rights law to encourage pushing the global frontiers of law and policy concerning Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 4 and 5, which are Education for All and Gender Equality.
The event include opening remarks and a panel discussion.
• Ms Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO
• Mr Theodore W. Ruger, Dean, University of Pennsylania Law School
• Ms Saniye Gülser Corat, Director, Division for Gender Equality in the Office of the Director-General, UNESCO
• Ms Rangita de Silva de Alwis, Associate Dean for International Programs, University of Pennsylvania
• Mr William W. Burke-White, Richard Perry Professor and Inaugural Director, Perry World House; Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania