Ethics Teachers Training Course in Iran
For the first time in the Islamic Republic of Iran, from 9-13 July 2017, the Ethics Teachers’ Training Course will be delivered jointly by UNESCO and the University of Environment, to advance quality ethics education by building professional capacities of ethics teachers in the country and the wider region.
The Course will be based on one week training module developed by UNESCO in collaboration with the global experts in ethics education. The module contains the following key components:
• Global Perspective on Ethics Teaching: trends, challenges and opportunities
• The UNESCO Core Curriculum as a tool for promoting quality ethics education
• Ethics Teaching in Action: what and how to teach (a model lesson)
• Ethics teaching and inter-faith dialogue: Sharing experiences in ethics teaching in different religious contexts
• Classroom communication: pedagogy and psychology of ethics teaching
• Simulated teaching presentations by participants followed by feedback from the Course instructors.
The course is conducted by a team of experts with extensive experience in ethics education and cooperation with UNESCO. Due to the interactive nature of the course, the number of participants is limited to 30 persons.
There is no tuition fee for participating in ETTC. However, the participants are expected to cover the charges related to their travel to the venue and their accommodation. Lunch and coffee/tee breaks will be provided during the training.
The deadline for submitting the filled out application is 31 May 2017. Please send the completed application form to email@example.com.