Establishment of a Group of Young Parliamentarians in El Salvador
This event organized by the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador, the UNESCO Office for Central America (San José, Costa Rica), and CLACSO in collaboration with UNFPA and ECLAC, will take place in San Salvador, El Salvador, from 29 February to 1 March 2016. The objective is to establish a group of young parliamentarians in El Salvador. their role will be to find possible solutions and ways to address young women and men`s problems through inclusive public policies and legislative action.
The workshop will address five priority issues:
1. Legislative experiences for youth in the region
2. Data and assessment of the main problems of youth in El Salvador and Latin America
3. Possible solutions or ways to address these problems through public policies and legislative action
4. The mainstreaming of generational perspectives into public policy
5. Mechanisms of youth participation in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of public policies
Presentations about the main issues and themes will be developed, and spaces for dialogue and discussion of topics will be available. By the end of the workshop, an intergenerational parliamentary public policy agenda on youth is expected to be defined.
Specific objectives of this event are:
- To provide input to establish the group of young parliamentarians in El Salvador.
- To advance in building an agenda for local work in public policies, with both a regional and a generational perspective.
- To develop tools to provide, as a cross-cutting theme, a generational perspective to all public policies.
- To promote mechanisms for youth participation in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of public policies for the youth and in general.
- To construct a roadmap - at the Latin American and Caribbean level - that can generate inputs for the Summit of Heads of State and Government to be held in 2016 in Cartagena, Colombia, and which will focus on youth.