Cambodian Anti Plastic Bag Campaign 2016
As waste management is an important issue in Cambodia, especially the big amount of plastics bags used every day among Cambodia, UNESCO Phnom Penh aims to create an awareness campaign on waste management, in particular, plastic waste recycling. This campaign would encourage Cambodians critical thinking on plastics reduction and recycling, which is vital for the behaviour change needed to move towards sustainable
In order to develop a plastic reducing and recycling habit among Cambodian society and to enhance their knowledge of not throwing, reducing and recycling of waste plastics, UNESCO
Office in Phnom Penh and Ministry of Environment jointly organize the “Cambodian Anti-Plastic Campaign”.
The specific objectives of the campaign are:
- To create awareness on plastic reduction and recycling and followed by a behavioural change of Cambodian society.
- To encourage Cambodian society, in particular, children to share the idea of plastic waste management with their families.
- To enhance on ways to handle plastic waste.
- To create awareness of the different ways of making and using plastic.
- To develop critical thinking skills among the community members.
- To understand the potential and difficulties in recycling plastics.