10th World Conference on Bioethics, Medical Ethics and Health Law
The 10th World Conference on Bioethics, Medical Ethics and Health Law will be organized in Jerusalem, Israel, from 6 to 8 January 2015, by the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics of the Zefat Academic College. The event is designed to offer a platform for exchange of information and knowledge, and to hold discussions, lectures, workshops and an exhibition of programs and databases.
It will focus on the following themes:
• bio-ethics and medical ethics in Sub-Saharan Africa and in the developing world
• ethics of transplantation
• rationing in healthcare systems - ethical implications in era of limited resources
• bioethics and law
• dental ethics and law
• environmental ethics and law
• ethics and religions
• ethics and social sciences
• immigration and bioethics
• medical ethics and law
• ethics committees
• health law and bioethics
• speech and language therapy and bioethics
• nursing ethics and law
• pharmacy ethics and law
• philosophical ethics
• professional risk and bioethics
• psychiatry and bioethics
• rehabilitation and bioethics
• science and bioethics
• research and bioethics
• surgery and bioethics
• technological ethics and law
• youth and bioethics
• volunteers activities and bioethics
• bio-politics and ethics
• governmental health allowances: ethical dilemmas
As a platform of exchange, the conference will display teaching programmes and curricula of academic institutes in the above-mentioned fields. The exhibition will allow participants to share and upgrade existing programmes, and to discuss cooperation for the development of new programmes.
The Conference has been organized in collaboration with several international and national organizations, including among others UNESCO, the World Medical Association (WMA), the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), the World Association of Medical Law (WAML) and the European Medical Students' Association (EMSA).
The Conference will also be the opportunity for the members of the International Forum of Teachers, launched in January 2014 and established by the UNESCO Chair, to hold a meeting and plan its activities and development in the coming years. The forum is open to all new members who are interested.