The aim of ECCE policy reviews is to provide countries with an opportunity to review their early childhood policies, to highlight good practices and challenges and to identify concrete measures to improve their policies.
UNESCO initiated ECCE policy reviews in 2004 in cooperation with OECD beginning with Brazil, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, and Kenya. In cooperation with UNICEF, the Organization has also carried out a review initiative in the Asia and the Pacific region in 2006-2007 involving China, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines and Vietnam.
ECCE Policy Reviews by country
- The Background Report of Indonesia (2004)
- Policy Review Report: Early Childhood Care and Education in Indonesia (UNESCO-OECD review) (2005)
Also available in Bhasa (Indonesian)
- Early Childhood Care and Education in Indonesia Current Practice and Future Policy Directions (2007)
- The Background Report of Kazakhstan: The Status of Preschool Education (2004)
- Policy Review Report: Early Childhood Care and Education in Kazahstan (2005)
Also available in Russian
- The Background Report of Kenya (2005)
- Policy Review Report: Early Childhood Care and Education in Kenya (2005)
- ECE Policy Review: Policies, Profile and Programs in Early Childhood Education (ECE) in Pakistan (2008)
- Rapport de revue de la Politique d’Education et de Protection de la Petite Enfance au Sénégal (2009)