Strategies for children and young people encounters with Arts and Culture
Ministry of Culture
Key objectives of the measure:
In 2014, the Ministry of Culture launched three strategies for children’s and young people’s encounter with art and culture. In order to put the strategies into play, a number of new initiatives and models of cooperation between e.g. schools, daycare institutions and cultural institutions have been put into action. All with the purpose of developing and strengthening the cultural activities and encounters with art available for children and youth.
Scope of the measure:
Local, Regional, National
Nature of the measure:
regulatory, financial, institutional
Main feature of the measure:
The three strategies include initiatives such as:
- ture Suitcases directed to families in economic or social need.
- Supporting local cultural services to facilitate contact between schools and cultural institutions.
- Pools for projects initiated by young people themselves
- Developing best practice-catalogues
- Establishing a digital platform for culture for the youth.
More information about the initiatives can be found here: http://kum.dk/english/current-themes/childrens-and-youths-encounter-with-art-and
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
Please see above
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
Area(s) of Monitoring