Ministers of Culture a conference (Participation of 60 states member of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation)
The conference a draft of action plan for promoting cultural mediation role in the Islamic world, which aimed to open up new directions in the preparation of cultural policies in Islamic world and the expansion of trading brokerage department to include other areas, including the cultural field.
It also discussed a close study of Western media contents on Islam in the light of international law. It is a study of religious freedom in current manifestations and highlight how the defamation to Islamic religion through various Western media is contrary to the rules of international law altogether. It aimed to denounce the exploitation of audio, written and online media for the purpose of tolerance and the prohibition of defamation of religions.
The Conference discussed the address of the participating delegations who spoke about the efforts made by the implementation of the Cultural Strategy for the Islamic world, where the conference took note of these reports and called the states to continue implementing and activating this strategy in the member states.
Draft resolution was taken on the heads of the participating delegations addresses and national reports of Member States for their efforts on the implementation of the Cultural Strategy for the Islamic world.
The main features of the measure are:
1. This procedure works to find common cultural map of action in Islamic world.
2. Highlights the Sultanate's keenness on supporting cultural policies in the countries of the Islamic world.
3. Highlights the Sultanate's efforts to promote cultural affairs in the Islamic world.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Make important recommendations in the field of Islamic cultural cooperation.
2. Draw cultural policies in the countries of the Islamic world.
3. Create a common cultural strategy in the Islamic world.
4. Reflect Oman's ability to regulate international convergences and meetings.
5. The role of the Sultanate and its place among the states member in the Organization of the Islamic world.
The financial support is provided by Ministry of Heritage and Culture.