Drafting of the Youth Strategy of Montenegro 2017-2021 - segment culture
One of the key goals of this measure is the creation of quality Youth Strategy in which the field of culture will be represented in a satisfactory way. In the context of such segment, the making and adoption of above-mentioned Strategy has as a goal to support young creators of culture and of media contents and providing equal access to cultural contents for all the young people.
In the reporting period, along with participation of representatives of public bodies and civil sector in culture, the state analyses were conducted and the Proposal for Youth Strategy 2017-2021 was created. Government adopted the Strategy in 2016 along with Action plan for the first year of its implementation.
Youth Strategy as key national document envisages the priorities and positions the system of support for young people in developing process of their growing up. This document with regulatory and financial aspect, has multilayer structure: Youth Strategy, the Plan of Strategy Implementation and Strategy monitoring and evaluation. Strategy is based on legislative foundation (Law on Youth, 2016) and strategic instruments for conducting youth policy, in institutional framework at national, local and international level. With clearly presented vision, young people in Montenegro are comprised through six fields in the form of key outcomes from the domains of: economic and social security, quality education, participation in decision-making process, the development of community and policies conducting, through health care system, access to quality cultural contents as well as establishment of normative and institutional framework for conducting youth policy, and their needs being in compliance with valid standards of international youth policy.
The process of making national Youth Strategy is conducted by Directorate for Youth and Sports and Ministry of Education. The process was supported by The UN system in Montenegro, within the common program of UN for strengthening youth especially.
The expected results of making and Youth Strategy adoption, defined in the segment regarding cultural life of young people, refer to :
- More significant production of cultural and media contents of young people;
- Greater number of spaces for cultural contents of young people conducting as well as for the activities within free time (youth clubs and others.);
- More significant promotion of talented young creators;
- Greater contribution of cultural contents to young people affected by poverty:
- Stronger networking of young creators and amateurish cultural societies through innovative models conducting and usage of resources in the county, but also of young renowned creators from diaspora;
- Greater number of travelling cultural contents (mobile cinemas, libraries, theatre etc);
- Availability of information on cultural contents intended for young people in one place through unique internet portal;
- Greater consumption of cultural contents by young people with visual and hearing impairments or with other disorders and difficulties in development, through providing greater availability.
For the first year of strategy realization, in the field of culture, 37.000 euros was provided from regular activities of Ministry of Culture.