Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The Fundación Kine, Cultural y Educativa organized the 8th edition of the Festival Iberoamericano de Cortos Imágenes Jóvenes en la Diversidad Cultural, a short film festival showcasing audiovisual productions by children and young people (ages 5 to 25) from diverse cultural and social backgrounds. Meant as a space to generate debate on the role of ICTs and audiovisual language in contemporary society, the festival aims to improve young people’s creative capabilities in producing cultural expressions.
- 125 short films produced by children and young Latin Americans (ages 5 to 25) from 24 countries
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Managing the pre-production of films in the weeks prior to the Festival;
- Producing the exhibition material for the Festival in digital form;
- Holding the Festival from 17 to 21 October 2011;
- Screening 150 works, holding 17 exhibitions and training activities, lectures, talks, courses, and visits by special guests throughout the country including in disadvantaged rural and indigenous communities; and
- Managing the postproduction of the Festival and promoting the winning short films.
Fundación Kine, Cultural y Educativa
Year of application:
125 short films were produced by children and young Latin Americans (ages 5 to 25) from 24 countries