Frequently Asked Questions about the IFCD Application Process
This FAQ section is based on the 2005 Convention’s Guidelines on the Use of the Resources of the IFCD and decisions taken by the Intergovernmental Committee on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
Type of Applicant
No. If the applicant is an international NGO, it does not have to be registered in a country eligible for funding from the IFCD. However the project requested for funding should be carried out in such eligible countries.
- Statutes specifying that the NGO is international;
- international membership (both institutional and individual);
- recent activities that have been carried out in several countries around the world.
- a copy of Statutes (with a translation into English or French if necessary);
- a list of members / countries;
- a list of recent activities;
- a letter of support from each Party beneficiary of the project.
ON-LINE APPLICATION PLATFORM
- https://en.unesco.org/creativity/ifcd/apply (English)
- https://fr.unesco.org/creativity/fidc/soumettre-demande (French)
The applicant will then receive by e-mail a login and password that will give access to the platform.
Therefore, requests for projects related to intangible cultural heritage should be made to the Fund for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, whereas requests regarding tangible cultural heritage (e.g. World Heritage sites) should be addressed to the World Heritage Fund.
Section for the Diversity of Cultural Expressions (CLT/CRE/DCE)
7 place Fontenoy, 75352 Paris 07 SP - France