In accordance with Rule 7.4 of the Rules of Procedure of the Intergovernmental Committee and its Decision 1.EXT.IGC 5, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) having interests and activities in the field covered by the Convention who wish to participate as observers to a session or all sessions of the Committee, are asked to submit a written request to the Director-General of UNESCO. Only NGOs which meet the criteria provided by the Annex to the operational guidelines of Article 11 (Role and participation of civil society) are eligible. The request must be accompanied by the documents mentioned in paragraph 2 of the Annex.
Ninth ordinary session of the Intergovernmental Committee
Highlights of the session:
(Paris, 14-16 December 2015, UNESCO, Room II)
- International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD): approval of 6 new projects.
- Implementation and impact of Article 16 (Preferential Treatment for Developing Countries) and Article 21 (International Consultation and Coordination): decision to develop new specific training modules.
- Periodic Reporting: review of 5 new quadrennial periodic reports.
- Implementation of the Convention: decision to elaborate a preliminary draft of the Operational Guidelines on digital issues.
- Visibility of the Convention: public launch of the first Global Report “Re | Shaping Cultural Policies” on the implementation and impact of the Convention.
UNESCO Headquarters | 14 – 16 December 2015