The document and its implementation enable for more of Cambodia’s creative sectors such as cinema, music, fashion, design, etc. to increase, and also encourage the Government’s agencies and full participations of artists, art organizations and civil society to start dialoguing. This situation represents an opportunity to capitalize on the potential of the culture sector by sustaining it with the appropriate means, and to link culture to Cambodia’s development strategies. It is also an opportunity to provide a framework for development of action plans for the cultural sector, to recognise culture as a key sector for Cambodia due to its strategic importance for: economic and social development, strength the national identity of Cambodia in its diversity, maintain traditional knowledge and forms of work as forms of sustainable development as part of recognition of creative industries, and identification of means and objectives. It also contributes to the Government’s Rectangular Strategy and the national objectives by:
- increasing the role of culture in public activities moving up culture in the Government’s agenda,
- facilitating a global view of the cultural sector in Cambodia that will allow to develop unified strategies and action plans for the government at a central and provincial level,
- engaging with other Ministries, providing a unified vision of culture for the nation by setting the bases for discussion and agreement with other Ministries about the key issues affecting the economic and social development of the country,
- involving all in an inclusive and welcoming way, taking into special consideration the needs and diversity of indigenous peoples and the provision of opportunities for the younger generations,
- providing planning for sustainable setting of priorities, and
- recognising stakeholders, engaging agents in public-private partnerships, and creating alliances among the main actors.