Photo by V. Paul Virtucio, 'Dance Revolutions', 2009
Parties and the Convention
Party to the Convention.
Among the activities that Parties can undertake to implement the Convention are to:
- Introduce cultural policies and other measures that enable the creation, production, distribution and enjoyment of a diversity of domestic cultural goods, services and activities;
- Engage a wide range of actors in the development of cultural policies and programmes, especially civil society;
- Incorporate culture in sustainable development strategies, policies and programmes at all levels;
- Encourage and engage in international cooperation to facilitate the mobility of artists as well as the flow of cultural goods and services especially those from the global south;
- Facilitate developed countries’ cultural exchanges with developing countries by granting preferential treatment to artists, cultural professionals, goods and services from developing countries;
- Ensure information sharing and transparency on measures taken to protect and promote the diversity of cultural expressions;
- Promote the public’s understanding of the importance of the diversity of cultural expressions through educational and awareness-raising programmes.